Suggestions for Personal Reflection, Group Discussion, and Taking Action for:
Chapters 10 & 11 of WHAT ON EARTH? / The Groan of the Godly & The Collective “Ouch!”
- Explain how the first Beatitude leads to the second.
- We contend that tears shed in grief, uncertainty, confusion, and fear can be “good tears.” Agree or disagree? Why?
- Where else in the Bible do you find “lament” practiced or advocated?
- Have you ever felt like I did when, after some national tragedy, the Sunday worship service gave no opportunity to grieve with your fellow worshippers?
- In the world today, what causes you to mourn most?
Keep an eye out for Chapter 12!